An opportunity has arisen for a Building Surveyor to work within the Design Team at our Head Office in Sale, Manchester.
Key responsibility will be to undertake 3D laser scanning surveys for the documentation of as-built data for measured surveys and the registration of the pointcloud data for use by internal stakeholders and external clients.
In addition responsibilities will include the production of 2D CAD drawings and 3D Revit Models from 3D laser scanning survey data for the documentation of as-built data for measured surveys.
The role will balance periods of survey time on site with office based time processing, quality checking and distributing the registered data, along with occasional 2D CAD drawings and 3D Revit Models to support the delivery peaks which are a fundamental part of the S&W Design business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Assist Head of 3DLS by undertaking 3D pointcloud survey data acquisition on site, aligned to Design objectives for Service Provision.
· Assist Head of 3DLS and DDM by producing 2D CAD drawings and 3D Revit Models, aligned to Design objectives for Service Provision.
· Understand project requirements acting in a timely manner.
· Undertake the Registration of pointcloud data utilising specialist software (Faro SCENE, Webshare2GO, Autodesk RECAP) for inclusion and throughput of data to Design Team and other Stakeholders.
· Undertake the production of 2D CAD drawings and 3D Revit Models, utilising pointcloud data, using specialist software (AutoCAD, Revit, Recap) for throughput of data to the Design Team and other Stakeholders.
· Engage in the QA process for projects undertaken, ensuring quality service deliverable.
· Adhere to operating procedures, project guidelines, site survey processes and methodology set out by Head of 3DLS.
· Adhere to operating procedures, project guidelines, and CAD/BIM methodology set out by Head of 3DLS.
· Undertake training and self-learning to enhance own prospects and Design service provision.
· Attend monthly SCAN2BIM team update meeting.
· Work to assist Head of 3DLS and SCAN2BIM Design & Delivery Manager (DDM) to ensure that all survey work is to the highest standard and fully compliant for inclusion within our accredited management systems, notably Gateway, ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001.
· Assist in the promotion of the SCAN2BIM service internally within Group and externally with existing and new client base.
· Ensure consistency in the storage, maintenance and distribution of 3D pointcloud/CAD information across the business unit.
Qualities & Experience:
As this position is about enhancing and supporting delivery teams within a design business, the job holder should have experience within a measured building survey/CAD/Revit discipline.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge and competency within the measured building survey discipline and in the operation of survey equipment including usage of computer hardware and CAD software on PC based platforms, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
A knowledge of Commercial/Retail Design, BIM, BIM tools, AutoCAD, Revit and Recap is desirable.
In addition a valid driving licence, as travel throughout the UK will be required, is a pre-requisite. Overnight stays may also be necessary on occasion.
Initial queries or to send CV and covering letter to Ken Bagshaw Styles&Wood, Cavendish House, Cross Street, Sale, M33 7BU or e-mail to Ken.Bagshaw@stylesandwood.co.uk
The closing date for this advert is Friday 1st September 2017. However if we find a suitable candidate before the closing date we will close the application.