A permanent opportunity has arisen for a Building Services Manager to work within the Building Services Team at out Head Office in Sale, Manchester.
The Building Services Manager will provide technical advice and support to Business Unit leadership, account leadership and project teams in managing all elements of engineering services from supplier selection, tender enquiry, design, procurement, co-ordination, installation, commissioning, and defects completion.
Roles & Responsibilities – Key tasks that will be subject to audit:
• Carry out periodic M&E audits if deemed appropriate based on complexity of M&E content (CS 22 to Jigsaw)
• Ensure that a commissioning programme is developed and issued, with assistance from a planner if necessary (CS 34 to Jigsaw)
Enabling tasks to facilitate completion of audited key tasks:
• Check compliance of M&E tender returns and advise Bid Manager
• Prepare M&E bid support document content (if required)
• Review contract documents to advise Planner re: M&E procurement and programme requirements, and identify discrepancies & missing M&E information
• Investigate and advise Project Manager regarding: utility connections – gas, water, electric, phone lines, fire strategy cause / effect document, design compliance with landlords system requirements, design compliance with building regulations, commissioning strategy, process for signing off completed work / sections
• Development of an Engineering Services Supply Chain in support of the Supply Chain Management team
• Assist Business Unit and account leadership with the development of the project teams technical understanding of engineering services management, co-ordination and integration
• Ensure all M&E subcontractors provide programmes, reports and schedules to an appropriate standard, and ensure that all strategic and key suppliers share best practice and innovation to develop sector leading standards in M&E management information.
Qualifications & Experience:
Likely to be educated to HNC, degree or equivalent, or membership of the CIOB or CIBSE.
The role of Building Services Manager for Styles&Wood requires an appropriately experienced individual, equipped with the technical expertise to advise all levels of project and account teams regarding issues of procurement, design, management, co-ordination and commissioning of M&E services on new build or complex phased refurbishment projects.
The Building Services Manager must have the ability to examine all available information, discuss complex technical issues with design professionals and statutory bodies, and provide appropriate direction and advice to colleagues, customers and suppliers.
Health & Safety Training:
• Asbestos Manager 2 day
• Temporary Works
To apply: Send CV and covering letter to Sophia Lee, Styles&Wood, Ruddington Fields Business Park, Oak House, Mere Way, Ruddington, NGll 6JS or via e-mail to Sophia.Lee@stylesandwood.co.uk
The closing date for this advert is Friday 7th July 2017. However if we find a suitable candidate before the closing date we will close the application.