An opportunity has arisen for a CDM Principal Design Services Advisor for our Nottingham or London Office.
Reporting directly to the Principal Design (PD) Services Manager, and with their direction, the role holder will be responsible for providing a competent and effective Principal Designer Service.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Working with in-house designers to ensure all relevant aspects of the CDM Regulations 2015 are adhered to and the PD Service is effectively delivered.
• Deputising for the CDM PD Services Manager as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Possess and maintain (via CPD) Health and Safety and construction oriented relevant technical training.
• As the position will involve national travel you must hold a full clean driving license and be willing to spend occasional nights away from home.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Have the relevant experience in design, construction, and Health and Safety requirements and regulations to be competent to undertake the Principal Designer role.
• Hold a recognised Health and Safety qualification – GradIOSH preferable.
• Have a desire to continually improve knowledge and understanding of health and safety best practice, and design and construction processes.
• Be familiar with construction processes from design inception to project completion and thereafter premises maintenance.
• Be familiar with design risk management processes.
• Be located within reasonable travelling distance of the office in which you are based or willing to relocate to a suitable locale.
• Have experience of working with demanding private sector customers in a fast paced environment.
• Have strong interpersonal and communication skills to ensure that everyone involved in the project communicates and cooperates, coordinating their work wherever required.
• Have excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills.
• Act in a professional manner at all times, upholding the company values and behaviours and promoting the business at every opportunity.
• Work proactively with colleagues within all offices and those aligned to any particular project / work stream by our outsource partners.
• Be willing to learn and work collaboratively with a highly knowledgeable, close knit team.
• Support the training and overall competence of the Design department in terms of Principal Designer responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be required to be flexible and work in diverse ways to accommodate organisational needs. You will need to be self-motivated, committed and highly influential.
The ideal candidate will have achieved goals and objectives through positive workforce motivation. Requiring strong problem solving, decision making, organisational, communication, interpersonal, and customer focus skills.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply or for more information or an informal chat about this role, please contact Lauren Watts on 0115 931 5227 or by email Lauren.Watts@stylesandwood.co.uk.
The closing date for this advert is Friday 9th March 2018. However, if we find a suitable candidate before the closing date we will close the application.