An opportunity has arisen for a Technologies Project/Delivery Manager at our Nottingham Office.
The job holder will be required to project manage and carry out the delivery of the services offered by the Styles&Wood Technologies Delivery team through analysing and detailing the customers’ needs for a solution, transposing these through configuration of the iSite Product Suite, to the deployment and mobilisation of the in house solution within our customer’s environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop deep understanding of the division’s range of solutions to support multiple client implementations and software development initiatives.
• Determine the requirements and needs of the customer, through questioning techniques, to understand the actual needs and align with the Styles&Wood Technologies standard product suite, providing concise consultation in order to define clearly the scope and value of the solution.
• Liaise closely with the Solutions Team during customer analysis to ensure all aspects of standardisation are explored and built into the delivery plan.
• Undertake detailed bid preparation, drawing in other key internal stakeholders as required in order to provide cost certainty and maximum forecast margin potential.
• Produce proposal documentation and supporting material, clearly defining the scope, timescales and costs, whilst ensuring the maximum margin return for the business.
• Deliver and deploy projects in line with customer and operational expectations, ensuring all business targets of time, cost and quality are met.
• Ensure the highest quality communication with the customer at all times, ensuring that their expectations are both understood and met and that progress and risks are fully understood by all stakeholders.
• To host weekly project progress updates, and provide clear and structured progress reports to the Operations Manager on a regular basis.
• To ensure optimum planning and allocation of resource throughout the project delivery ensuring progress and risks are clearly and openly communicated.
• Control and secure customer variations from scope, increasing the overall project value and maintaining margin.
• Deliver training to end users and support the mobilisation within the customers’ business.
• Monitor and act upon customer feedback from client meetings and Project Performance Reviews.
• Ensure all projects are undertaken in accordance with the S&W Technologies Operating Model and Delivery Governance Processes, from project creation, bid preparation, delivery, handover and performance review.
• Take full accountability for the quality of customer delivery, both in application (time, cost & quality) and services provided, providing detailed support to the team through the solution delivery cycle.
• Ensure all project documentation and associated correspondence is stored on the internal system.
• Actively engage the client in the leveraging of new business opportunities, ensuring the Account Manager is aware of all potential opportunities as they arise.
• Update and maintain project commercial information in the iSite account tracker.
• Act as exemplar of the business in every respect, specifically with regards to company values and behaviours.
Qualifications & Experience:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience of project management and delivery of Application/IT projects.
• Prince 2 Foundation
• Agile Methodology
The ideal candidate will:
• Be able to demonstrate strong project management, planning and control capabilities, strong customer engagement skills, experience in process, data and application analytics. This is due to a significant part of the role centring on the conversion of customer requirements into configurable solutions from within the existing product suite, avoiding bespoke development.
• Have strong technical knowledge and be familiar with internet technologies, database structure, software design and the principles of information and knowledge management.
The job holder will be required to travel to multiple UK client sites, with occasional international travel, as required.
The successful candidate will be required to be flexible and work in diverse ways to accommodate organisational needs. You will need to be self-motivated, committed and highly influential.
The ideal candidate will have achieved goals and objectives through positive workforce motivation. Requiring strong problem solving, decision making, organisational, communication, interpersonal, and customer focus skills.
How To Apply
To apply or for more information or an informal chat about this role, please contact Steve Smith on 0115 931 5209 or by email Steve.Smith@stylesandwood.co.uk.
Styles&Wood is an Equal Opportunities Employer.