An opportunity has arisen for a Head of Operations to work within the Styles&Wood technologies team in Nottingham..
The Head of Operations will provide the technical and operational leadership across the enabling services functions of product development, implementation and support services, as well as supporting lead generation in order to deliver business as usual and growth aspirations of the Styles&Wood technology offerings – iSite and Arctick.
Reporting directly to the Director of Portfolio Services this senior role will underscore the ongoing expansion of our technology services offer, both within our own business operations but also directly to existing customers, new customers and future markets.
Roles and Responsibilites
•To manage and lead the 3 core service lines that underpin the Styles&Wood technology offer:
– Product development – New solution design, specification, delivery, updates, testing
– Service delivery including customer system build, implementation and configuration, application support and service desk
– Lead generation – brand positioning, market alignment and sales lead development
• To act as the principle point of liaison between technology services and Managing Executives, ensuring that short, medium and long-term goals are understood and catered
•To provide robust commercial confidence through structured reporting in conjunction with the Commercial Executive, around all aspects of operational expenditure in line with allocated budgets and agreed investment strategies.
•To provide clear and concise resource management and forecasting across all services lines, including people, infrastructure and workload; ensuring competing priorities between customer needs and strategic development are reviewed objectively and where required clear decisions made in support of the overall business goals and drivers.
• In line with direct reports, develop a long term vision for service delivery defining and improving ways of working, process and governance in order to drive the organisation forward.
• To support the business evolution of efficient and effective service delivery in a structured, controlled manner in an often volatile sectors, whist ensuring a pragmatic level of business agility and flexibility is maintained in order to meet the needs of a rapidly expanding business.
• Manage the operations of both on premise and cloud solutions, and interface with the development teams to build and maintain highly efficient relationships
• Driving process optimisation leveraging ITIL service practices and disciplines and interweaving them into operational best practices, enabling teams to implement improvements to provide world class coverage and support.
• To lead 3rd party strategic relationships and drive vendor negotiations to ensure maximum benefit for both parties.
• To support the technology offerings in the production of tenders and bids as needed.
• To provide coaching and support to team members and subsequently manage the team in a highly motivational and enthusiastic manner
Qualifications & Experience:
• Experience in structured development methodologies and business sales cycles
• Experience with integrating support for on premise and cloud based infrastructure.
• Ability to think strategically beyond the needs of the organisation today. The company is growing rapidly and needs someone who can adapt the organisation to grow with it.
• Experience of working with developers in a developer’s environment.
• Experience of managing bespoke in-house infrastructure and applications in addition to traditional vendor systems.
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
To apply: Send CV and covering letter to Martin Ward, Styles&Wood, Cavendish House, Cross Street, Sale, M33 7BU or e-mail to Martin.Ward@stylesandwood.co.uk
The closing date for this advert is Friday 30th June 2017. However if we find a suitable candidate before the closing date we will close the application.